RIP BRAD WOODINGTON – COUNTY COMM – UPDATE – SEE https://thefarsider.net/2023/08/10/rip-brad-woodington-county-comm/
SPECIAL REQUEST BY Ron Webster
Leroy, please help me with a request…In July 1983 a photo was taken at Williams Street Park of the entire SJPD traffic unit in a “V” type formation. (I was on vacation when the photo was taken and never got a copy of it.) Since Larry Otter was the Captain of the unit, it’s possible he may be in the photo. Whether or not, his family would certainly like to have a copy of that photo. If someone has a copy could they please scan and email the photo to me at email@example.com and I’ll forward it to Larry’s daughter. Thanks
Memorial Service for Retired Captain Larry J. Otter #1013
Below are details for Retired Captain Lorrence “Larry” J. Otter’s memorial service. Larry passed away July 27, 2023.
Wednesday, September 27th
11:00 AM to Noon
You may also visit Larry’s obituary page by clicking here to share a memory or show your support to his family.
LE Experts Needed
LOOKING FOR A PAY JOB?
Visit our website at www.martinelliandassoc.com.
Forensic Criminologist/Law Enforcement Practices Expert
“I just saw Scott Cornfield’s post in Farsider. That left me thinking… The SJPD family has birthed a number of good authors. Maybe consider doing a story on as many as we can think of with some photos, blurbs of their backgrounds and books published., Might be an interesting read. Here’s a few I can think of right away.”
|Russel “Russ” Jones – (2 books)
WONDER WHY ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE GET RAIDED BY THE FB&I? CLICK HERE
JIM SILVERS PROVIDES REMINDERS OF “BACK IN THE DAY”
Jay Martin, Lyle Rice, Larry LaFall, Jim Silvers, Jim (Corny) Cornelius
Jim Silvers, Stan Horton, Jim (Corny) Cornelius, Jay Martin, Lloyd Meister, Lyle Rice
First Responders protect and serve day in and day out.
It is our duty as Americans to be there for them when
they need our help. Join us with a $11/month donation today!
TUNNEL TO TOWERS
THIS HAS BECOME SO POPULAR!
Funny Joke: Happy Couple
Organized retail crime ‘particularly acute’ in California, industry expert says
Nordstrom in Los Angeles ransacked by large group of criminals who nabbed as much as $100K worth of productS
Organized retail crime is a burgeoning issue impacting retailers nationwide. However, the incidents in California are “particularly acute,” according to Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) President Brian Dodge.
“As it relates to crime and organized retail crime, California is truly in a league of its own,” Dodge told FOX Business.
Dodge specifically referenced policy decisions California has made in recent years that he said made it easier for criminals to avoid prosecution and recruit boosters, a term for individuals who steal goods and merchandise as part of a bigger operation.
Docs Warn Migrants Bring Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Measles, & Syphilis Over Border.
Diseases including syphilis and tuberculosis carried across the border by illegal immigrants threaten New York City and the wider United States, doctors warn, including deadly drug-resistant strains.
Ivek Ramaswamy shares 10 commandments of 2024
I do not think Vivek has a chance to win, but I do believe he is probably the most intelligent, articulate candidate with the best plan for the defense of our Nation.Vivek Ramaswamy, a biotech entrepreneur seeking the GOP nomination for the 2024 presidential election, offered a list of 10 ideas that he said were true. CLICK HERE
1 . Law of Mechanical Repair
– After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you’ll have to pee.
2. Law of Gravity
– Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least
accessible place in the universe.
3. Law of Probability
– The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the
stupidity of your act.
4. Law of Random Numbers
– If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal; someone always answers.
5. Variation Law
– If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will
always move faster than the one you are in now.
6. Law of the Bath
– When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone will ring.
7. Law of Close Encounters
– The probability of meeting someone you know INCREASES dramatically
when you are with someone you don’t want to be seen with.
8. Law of the Result
– When you try to prove to someone that a machine won’t work, IT WILL!!!
9. Law of Biomechanics
– The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.
10 . Law of the Theater & Hockey Arena
– At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go
for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the
performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early,
never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk.
11. The Coffee Law
– As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
12. Murphy’s Law of Lockers
– If there are only 2 people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
13. Law of Physical Surfaces
– The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.
14. Law of Logical Argument
– Anything is possible IF you don’t know what you are talking about. 15. Law of Physical Appearance
– If the clothes fit, they’re ugly.
16. Law of Public Speaking
— A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!
17. Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy
– As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it OR the store will stop selling it!
18. Doctors’ Law
– If you don’t feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by
the time you get there, you’ll feel better. But don’t make an appointment and
you’ll stay sick.
Here is my Contribution
The Law of Television Entertainment
As soon as you find a television program that you really like, it will be cancelled.
Life underground – the mole people of Las Vegas
THE BUTTERFLY DID IT!
Getting and Being old…
– “If you want to know how old a woman is, ask her sister-in-law.” (Eva Gabor)
– “Old age comes at a bad time.” (Ed Sullivan)
– “Inside every OLDer person is a younger person wondering what happened.” (Stevie Wonder)
– “Old age is like a plane flying through a storm. Once you are aboard, there is nothing you can do about it.” (Golda Meir)
– “The older I get, the more clearly I remember things that never happened. (Mark Twain)
– “I’m at that age where my back goes out more than I do.” (Phyllis Diller)
– “Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere.” (George Burns)
-“First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up; then, you forget to pull your zipper down.” (Rob Reiner)
-“You spend 90 percent of your adult life hoping for a long rest and the last 10 percent trying to convince the Lord that you’re actually not THAT tired.” (Princess Grace)
-“Old people shouldn’t eat Health foods. They need all the preservatives they can get.” (Bob Hope)
-“At my age, flowers scare me.” (George Burns)
-“It’s like you trade the virility of the body for the agility of the spirit.” (Ed Sullivan)
-“The years between 55 and 75 are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.” (T.S Elliot)
-“At age 20, we worry about what others think of us… at age 40, we don’t care what they think of us… at age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.” (Ann Landers)
-“When I was young, I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties, I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then, and I’m labeled senile.” (Milton Berle)
-“The important thing to remember is that I’m probably going to forget.” (Martin Scorsese)
-“We don’t grow older, we grow riper.” (Pablo Picasso)
-“It’s paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn’t appeal to anyone.” – (Andy Rooney)
-“The older I get, the better I used to be.” (Lee Trevino)
-“I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a lot more as they get older, and then it dawned on me — they’re cramming for their final exam.” (George Carlin)
-“Everything seems to slow down with age, except the time it takes cake and ice cream to reach your hips.” (Elizabeth Taylor)
-“Grandchildren don’t make a man feel old, it’s the knowledge that he’s married to a grandmother that does.” (Norman Vincent Peale)
-“When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it’s a sure sign you’re getting old.” (Mark Twain)
-“You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.” (Dennis Quaid)
-“There’s one advantage to being 102, there’s no peer pressure.” (Adam & Eve)
-“There are three stages in man’s Life: he believes in Santa Claus, he does not believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.” (Leon Phillips)
-“Looking fifty is great — if you’re sixty.” – (Joan Rivers)
-“Time may be a great Healer, but it’s a lousy Beautician.” (Zsa Zsa Gabor)